Mmmmm vegan nachos. Technically this Buffalo Blue Vegan Nachos Recipe serves four, but put the plate in front of me and I will happily inhale the entire thing by myself. What makes these nachos so freakin’ good? I mixed a package of Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip with my favorite hot sauce and warmed it in the microwave to make a spicy vegan “cheese” sauce that’s 100 percent irresistible. The other toppings are just a bonus!
Speaking of other toppings, you can customize this Buffalo Blue Vegan Nachos Recipe to your liking. I found pico de gallo, red onion, jalapeño, scallions, and guacamole to be absolutely perfect. Corn and black or pinto beans would taste amazing, too!
I recommend skipping the store bought guacamole and making your own. Pre-made guacamole often has a weird, silky texture, plus it contains preservatives to keep it looking fresh and green. It’s totally worth it to make your own, and it’s super easy! Just mash up an avocado and mix it with lime juice and sea salt in a bowl. It’s so simple and delicious.
There aren’t many bad things to say about nachos, but if I had one complaint it’s that the bottom chips don’t get any love. That’s why I like reserving some toppings on the side for dressing up those naked chips. This way, every single bite is as delicious as the first. Enjoy these Buffalo Blue Vegan Nachos with a cold margarita or a bottle of Topo Chico. Sharing is optional but I highly recommend getting a few friends in on the action!
Buffalo Blue Vegan Nachos Recipe
1 package Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip
1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
½ ripe avocado
1 lime wedge
¼ teaspoon sea salt
6 ounces tortilla chips
3 scallions, dark and light green parts sliced diagonally
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
½ small red onion, finely diced
½ cup mild pico de gallo, drained
1. Scoop the Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip into a small bowl and add 1 or 2 teaspoons of hot sauce, depending on your heat preference. Swirl the dip and hot sauce together, then microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each, until warm.
2. Next, make a quick guacamole. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and then squeeze in the juice from a lime wedge. Sprinkle the avocado mash with sea salt and mix everything together.
3. Place the tortilla chips on a large serving plate. Drizzle the chips with the warm Buffalo Blue Dip mixture, reserving some on the side.
4. Add dollops of guacamole to the chips, then scatter the sliced scallions, jalapeño, red onion, and pico de gallo evenly over the chips. Reserve extra toppings on the side.
5. Enjoy immediately and use the extra toppings to add flavor to the bottom chips as you snack away!