Have you hopped on the air fryer trend? I have to admit, I was skeptical. Why get another appliance that takes up space on the countertop? I’ll tell you why – the air fryer is everything people say it is. There’s a good reason it’s huge on TikTok ! You can cook veggies, make kale chips, and even whip up french fries in a matter of minutes without turning on the oven. Not to mention, it requires way less oil than roasting and the results are crispy and super satisfying.
If you have an air fryer, you MUST make these crispy potato wedges. They make a perfect dipper for our Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip! I could seriously snack on these all day long.
There are a few tricks to making crispy potato wedges in the air fryer. First, make sure your potato wedges are dry before you toss them in oil. Second, don’t overload your air fryer basket. You want all of the potato wedges to make contact with the crisper tray. Third, pause and shake the fries every few minutes so that all sides get cooked evenly. After the second batch, I like to add the first batch back to the air fryer basket and cook all of the potato wedges together for a few minutes right before serving.
While your potato wedges are getting crispy in the air fryer, open up a package of Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip – and try not to eat the whole container with a spoon. I promise it’s worth the wait! Chop up some carrots and celery to serve alongside your potato wedges for a delicious game day appetizer or movie snack. I think you’re going to LOVE this explosive flavor combo!
Crispy Potato Wedges with Buffalo Blue Dip
1½ pounds russet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt (plus more for serving)
A few twists of black pepper
Fresh parsley and chives, finely chopped (for serving)
1 package Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip
1. Scrub the potatoes and dry with a clean towel. Slice the potatoes into 1-inch thick wedges.
2. Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to coat the potatoes evenly.
3. Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees for 3 minutes. Hit pause, then add half of the potato wedges to the basket of your air fryer. Slide the basket back in.
4. Air fry the potato wedges for 12 minutes, hitting pause and shaking the basket every 3 minutes to make sure each wedge makes contact with the crisper tray. Transfer the potato wedges to a plate and air fry the second half of the wedges.
5. Transfer the first batch of crispy potato wedges back to the air fryer and cook all of the potato wedges together for another 5 minutes, until crispy and perfectly golden brown.
6. Transfer the crispy potato wedges to a serving plate and sprinkle with more sea salt and fresh herbs. Serve warm with Plant Perks Buffalo Blue Dip.