Aside from cookies or brownies, there’s only one other thing that makes my kitchen smell like actual heaven: garlic. Whether I’m roasting a head of garlic (have you done this? It’s life-changing) or whipping up a garlicky pasta dish for dinner, I could bathe in the heavenly scent. As the temps start to cool down and we usher in a new season of eating, I wanted to create an insanely delicious appetizer you could set in the middle of your table or kitchen island and enjoy with friends. Introducing, my Garlic & Herb Vegan Pull Apart Bread Recipe.
I was honestly shocked at how incredibly mouthwatering this garlic bread recipe came out. It seems so simple (and it is) but this loaf of bread is positively bursting with flavor. Before you ask, nope – you don’t have to make your own loaf of bread – yay! I bought an olive oil & rosemary loaf from the bakery section of the grocery store and it was positively divine. You definitely want to select a loaf of bread that’s sturdy and can withstand a bit of slicing and stuffing. Sourdough would also be a great choice for the base of this vegan garlic pull apart bread.
First, holding your knife vertically, you’ll make a bunch of cuts crosswise and lengthwise on top of the bread. Don’t cut all the way to the bottom or you’ll end up with a bunch of loose cubes! Then, spread our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread in all the crevices you created. Really stick it down in the cracks to flavor the entire loaf. Finally, drizzle some vegan garlic and herb butter over the top and in those cracks to infuse the bread with even more flavor. 15 minutes in a preheated oven is all you need for this sharable starter that looks and tastes mind-blowingly delicious.
I say this about all of my appetizers but this would make a fantastic game day snack. Or, serve it as a side to homemade soup on a chilly fall or winter day! I tried dipping it in some seitan “beef” stew and it was unbelievably good. Let me know if you make this Garlic & Herb Vegan Pull Apart Bread Recipe by tagging me on Instagram @plant_perks!
Garlic & Herb Vegan Pull Apart Bread Recipe
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 loaf of fresh, sturdy bread
- 1 container Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegan butter, melted (plus more for dipping)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
Optional dipping sauce:
- Olive oil
- Vegan parmesan
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Use a sharp knife to make vertical cuts in a grid across the top of the bread. Be careful not to poke all the way through to the bottom.
- Use a butter knife to spread the Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread in the bread crevices.
- Mix the olive oil or vegan butter, garlic, and fresh herbs in a small bowl. Drizzle the garlic & herb butter in the bread crevices and over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until heated through. Remove the Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread from the oven and transfer to a cutting board.
- For a simple dipping sauce, pour some olive oil into a small bowl and mix with vegan parmesan, sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper (optional).