When you’re in a lunch rut, sometimes you need something spicy to dig yourself out. May I suggest this Hearty Vegan Taco Salad Recipe? It’s fresh, crunchy, and satisfying all at once. If I can be so bold, this might be one of the best taco salads I’ve ever eaten – period. If you’re ready to meal prep, let’s get into this five-star salad that will leave you craving more!
This Hearty Vegan Taco Salad couldn’t be easier to prepare. If you’re handy with a kitchen knife, you’ll be set with salads for the week in no time. The only cooking required is sautéing some spiced tofu, which provides the protein you need to feel satisfied all afternoon.
Once your tofu is drained and pressed, crumble it into a bowl with your hands and toss with taco seasoning. Add the tofu to a hot skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, until it’s browned and warmed through.
The remainder of the salad assembly is simple. Mix your black beans and corn together in a bowl and toss with lime juice, avocado oil, and salt. Store any leftovers in the fridge for tossing into future salads throughout the week.
Chopped romaine makes up the base of this Hearty Vegan Taco Salad. Top with the black bean and corn mixture, spiced tofu, tomato, avocado, and of course, a huge dollop of Plant Perks Vegan Sour Cream. It adds a super satisfying tangy flavor and creamy texture! I love adding a handful of crispy tortilla strips to my taco salad for another layer of crunch. This is one vegan lunch I know you’ll come back to again and again. I hope it spices up your mid-day routine!
View More Vegan Recipes
Hearty Vegan Taco Salad Recipe
1 teaspoon olive oil
8 ounces super firm tofu, drained and pressed
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
½ lime, juiced
1 tablespoon avocado oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 Romaine hearts, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, sliced
1 package Plant Perks Vegan Sour Cream
1 cup of crispy tortilla strips (homemade or store bought)
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Crumble the tofu into a bowl with your hands and toss with the taco seasoning.
3. When the oil in the pan is hot, add the spiced tofu and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Set aside.
4. Combine the black beans and corn in a bowl and drizzle with lime juice and avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine.
5. Divide the chopped romaine between four bowls and top with the black bean and corn mixture, spiced tofu, diced tomato, and sliced avocado.
6. Garnish the taco salads with a spoonful of Plant Perks Vegan Sour Cream and a handful of crispy tortilla strips.