Some foods are just meant to go together. Peanut butter and jelly are an obvious match. So are peanut butter and chocolate. Oh, and peanut butter and apples! Okay, peanut butter pretty much goes with everything, so it’s probably not the best example. Let’s move on to a more sophisticated combination that at first may seem a bit unlikely: beer and cheese. Or in our case, beer and vegan cheeze. I don’t know what it is about the skunky flavor of beer and the tang of a great vegan cheeze but the two are a match made in heaven– this Jalapeño Vegan Beer Cheese Dip Recipe is sure to satisfy!
You’ve probably seen beer cheese on the menu at your favorite neighborhood pub. Or maybe you haven’t, depending on where you live. The internet says beer cheese is most common in Kentucky and Indiana. Though, I’m not from either of those places and beer cheese has been on my radar seemingly forever. The concept is simple, but the flavor is surprisingly complex and super addictive. Our vegan take on beer cheese dip uses just six ingredients (!!!) not counting the pretzels, bread, or veggies you choose for dipping. Plus, it comes together in less than 10 minutes. Boom.
Our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread naturally has a little kick to it, but we bumped up the heat with a fresh jalapeño. Use half of a jalapeño for a sorta spicy dip, or use the full pepper if you’re brave. You don’t have to use a jalapeño at all if your taste buds are sensitive or if you’re serving this dip to little munchkins. Speaking of, it’s simple to make this Jalapeño Vegan Beer Cheese Dip Recipe non-alcoholic by leaving out the beer. Just add the equivalent amount of water or additional almond milk until the dip reaches a thick, dippable consistency.
This Jalapeño Vegan Beer Cheese Dip Recipe is perfect for sitting down and watching a baseball game this summer. Or, bring it on your next picnic! Don’t forget to pack lots of pretzels, chips, bread, and veggies for dipping. Let me know if you make it by tagging me on Instagram!
Jalapeño Vegan Beer Cheeze Dip Recipe
Makes 1½ cups
- 2 containers of Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- ½ to 1 jalapeño, seeded
- ½ cup almond milk (regular, unsweetened)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ to ½ cup beer (any lager or pilsner will do)
- Fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Pretzels, bread, and veggies, for dipping
- Combine the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, jalapeño, almond milk, and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed. The consistency should be pourable, yet thick.
- Transfer the cream cheeze mixture to a saucepan and warm over low heat. Pour in the beer ¼ cup at a time and stir until completely mixed in (I used ⅓ cup). Taste and add more beer if you want a stronger flavor. For a non-alcoholic option, simply add water or more almond milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the Jalapeño Vegan Beer Cheeze Dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with finely chopped chives. Serve warm with pretzels, bread, and veggies.