NACHOS!!! If there’s a word worth screaming, it’s nachos. Is there any other snack food better suited for summer baseball games, late-night star gazing, and drinking margaritas with friends– not a chance. Vegan nachos are my love language and I take mine piled high with as many toppings as possible. All those reason and more are why I’m ecstatic to share my Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe with you!
I call this the Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe because it really doesn’t get much better than this. You’ve got crispy chips, warm and drizzly vegan cashew nacho cheese, black beans, avocado (duh), pico de gallo AND tomatoes (you need both, trust me) finished off with chopped green onion and cilantro– Helloooooo perfect pile of food! You’re going to want a snacking buddy because it’s darn near impossible not to devour an entire platter of these vegan nachos by yourself. Not that I did that or anything…
Easy Vegan Cashew Nacho Cheese Recipe
Our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread makes a perfect stand-in for nacho cheese. I blended it up with a bit of non-dairy milk, jalapeño, and a pinch of salt for an extra spicy vegan nacho cheese sauce that drizzles oh so perfectly. My favorite thing is when the cashew nacho cheese creation has a chance to soak into the chips and they get just a little bit soft– drooling. If you can find it at your local grocery store, soyrizo would also make a fantastic topping for these Ultimate Vegan Nachos. And vegan sour cream! The options are basically limitless.
This Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe would make a perfect snack for watching the game, munching poolside, or as a hearty appetizer for a Mexican themed dinner. Plus, they come together so quickly– especially when you don’t need to make the vegan cashew nacho cheese entirely from scratch! Just blend our Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread into a sauce, heat it up, and drizzle over chips– then add your favorite toppings and you’re done!
If you make this Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe, make sure you tag us on Instagram @plant_perks so we can see your creation!
Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe
with vegan cashew nacho cheese recipe
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 containers Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- ½ jalapeño, seeded (reserve the other half for topping!)
- ½ cup almond milk (original, unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 12-oz. bag organic corn tortilla chips
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- ½ avocado, diced
- Small handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Combine the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, jalapeño, almond milk, and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed. The consistency should be pourable, yet thick.
- Transfer the nacho cheese to a small saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring to prevent the cheese from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan. When heated through, about five minutes, remove from heat.
- Pour the tortilla chips onto a serving platter. Drizzle the chips with nacho cheese and top with black beans, pico de gallo, jalapeño, avocado, tomatoes, green onion, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.