Spring is about to sprung here in Montana, so I’m craving hearty and warm pasta dishes before the temps stay warm. One thing I love about our Plant Perks French Onion Dip is that it’s so versatile. Of course, it’s absolutely delicious as a dip for salty potato chips and fresh veggies, but it also makes an irresistibly creamy vegan pasta sauce! Let’s make some Vegan French Onion Rigatoni Recipe for dinner.
This Vegan French Onion Rigatoni recipe may appear simple, but there is so much exciting flavor and texture going on in one bowl. Al dente pasta is coated in creamy and tangy Plant Perks French Onion Dip and topped with crispy onions and fresh chives. My idea of a perfect dinner at home!
If you have an air fryer, it’s easy to make your own crispy onions. Just slice a sweet onion super thinly, then add the pieces to your air fryer basket and spritz them with cooking spray. Air fry the onions for 10 minutes or so, shaking the basket a few times, until the onions are crisp and golden. Your kitchen will smell amazing! You could also buy a container of crispy fried onions at the store in a pinch.
I reliably forget to reserve cooking water before I drain my pasta, so consider this your reminder if you tend to forget, too. You’ll need a splash to add back in along with the Plant Perks French Onion Dip. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, then top with crispy onions and fresh chives. Easy and so, so delicious. I hope your family loves this one!
View More Vegan Recipes
Vegan French Onion Rigatoni Recipe
SERVES 2 TO 3
1 sweet onion, very thinly sliced
Coconut oil cooking spray
1 pound of rigatoni pasta (or your favorite pasta)
1 package Plant Perks French Onion Dip
Sea salt and black pepper
Fresh chives, finely chopped
1. Remove the crisping tray from your air fryer basket, then preheat your air fryer to 360F degrees for 3 minutes. Add the sliced onion to the basket. Spritz the onion a few times with coconut oil cooking spray and then shake the basket to coat the onion pieces.
2. Slide the basket into your air fryer and cook the onions for 8 to 10 minutes, pausing to shake and toss the onions every few minutes until crispy and browned. Set the crispy onions aside.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta into the water and cook according to the package directions, until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water, then drain the pasta. Return the cooked pasta to the pot.
4. Scoop the Plant Perks French Onion Dip into the pasta pot along with ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water. Stir gently to combine, adding more water as needed until the noodles are coated in creamy sauce. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Divide the Vegan French Onion Rigatoni between plates. Top with fresh chives and crispy onions.