Can you believe summer is winding down already? Between having a baby and getting our new cheeze production facility up and running the season really flew by. I’m kind of bummed, but I also love seeing everyone’s back to school pictures on Instagram. It makes me sentimental that Milo and Wilo will be heading off to school in a few years! If you’re already mourning the end of summer, I have a recipe that will cheer you right up. This BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe with Vegan Ranch makes for the perfect snack to cure your end-of-summer blues! Meanwhile, now that football season is in full force again, these vegan cauliflower wings pair perfectly with our Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe to become the real MVPs of game day!
Cauliflower is definitely having a moment in the health food scene. I see it everywhere from pizza crust to gnocchi and I’m not a bit mad about it. Cauliflower is high in fiber and B vitamins and offers loads of other health benefits. I sneak it into meals whenever I can. And yes, a plate of cauliflower coated in BBQ sauce definitely counts as a meal, in case you were wondering!
These may look familiar if you’ve ever had vegan buffalo cauliflower wings. The concept is exactly the same, only I used BBQ sauce to switch things up a bit. If you prefer the tangy spice of hot sauce, feel free to use it instead! When buying BBQ sauce, be sure to check the label for added sugar and preservatives. Ideally, you should recognize every ingredient– I like Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce because it has no added sugar.
BBQ smothered vegan cauliflower wings are great on their own, but they’re at least 10 times better when dunked in creamy vegan ranch. To make the dip, I just mixed up a container of our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread with some vegan mayo and a few spices. That’s it! The result is super tangy, herb-y, and all-around perfect. I think this BBQ Cauliflower Wings with Vegan Ranch Recipe will be a huge hit at all of your football viewing parties this fall!
If you make this Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe, make sure you tag us on Instagram @plant_perks so we can see your creation!
Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe
with Vegan Ranch Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
For Vegan Ranch Recipe:
- 1 container Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, almond milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Dip the cauliflower in the batter and place the pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the “wings” are slightly browned and golden.
- Rinse out the bowl and scrub away any remaining batter. Pour in the BBQ sauce and use a spatula to transfer the battered and baked cauliflower to the bowl. Toss to coat all of the pieces and return the cauliflower to the baking sheet. Bake for another 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vegan ranch. Combine the Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread, vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, dill, and onion powder in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients, adding a touch of water if needed to smooth things out. Scoop into a serving bowl.
- Transfer the cauliflower wings to a serving platter and serve with vegan ranch. Dig in!