Happy New Year!! I hope you had a fun-filled holiday season indulging in lots of delicious food with your friends and family. I’m back at it after a festive and restful break with a new recipe featuring our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread. What better way to kick off the New Year than with a warm bowl of Creamy White Bean and Rosemary Soup?
After a few weeks of eating everything in sight, I’m all about soups and salads in January. I love this recipe because it’s savory, smoky, and creamy, yet so simple to whip up. First, you’ll sauté a few garlic cloves in olive oil until they’re super fragrant. I swear, garlic has to be one of my all time favorite smells. Next, pour in two cans of white kidney beans, some veggie broth, salt, and pepper. Don’t forget the fresh rosemary! You can throw it in the soup pot whole – stem and all. Leave everything to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until your kitchen is filled with the delicious smell of garlic and fresh herbs. YUM.
Take the rosemary out of the pot and transfer the soup to a blender. Add the Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread and blend until silky smooth. That’s it!! I poured the soup back into the pot and heated it up a bit more before ladling it into bowls. A swirl of good olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper are the perfect finishing touches for this simple, flavor-packed soup. I recommend serving it with a side salad for an easy lunch or dinner in this season of healthy eating.
Stay tuned for more delicious recipes in 2020!
Creamy White Bean and Rosemary Soup Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans white kidney beans, drained
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt (depending on your chosen broth)
- Few twists of black pepper
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until very fragrant, about a minute.
- Pour the vegetable broth and beans into the pot and season with salt and pepper. Throw the rosemary sprig into the pot and turn up the heat slightly to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the rosemary sprig, then carefully ladle the soup into a blender. Add the Plant Perks Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread and blend for about 30 seconds, until super creamy and smooth.
- Pour the blended soup back into the pot and return to low heat. Once heated through, ladle into bowls and garnish with black pepper and a swirl of olive oil.