I know what you’re thinking. “These aren’t croissants, they’re crescent rolls.” And you’re absolutely right. They’re flaky, savory, delicious crescent rolls stuffed with a few of my favorite things. But they sort of look like croissants in a very from-the-package kind of way, so let’s just go with it. If you can’t tell by the color scheme, I’ve got Christmas on the brain. These Spinach and Pepper Vegan Breakfast Croissants are perfect for a morning holiday meal at home!
I’m not usually one to buy pre-packaged foods but I couldn’t get the idea of a cheesy, savory breakfast roll out of my mind. I definitely wasn’t going to make croissants from scratch (who has the time?!) so I decided to buy a roll of vegan crescent rolls as a special treat. Does anyone else get totally spooked opening a can of biscuits or crescent rolls? It’s almost as scary as popping a bottle of champagne! The “explosion” gets me every time.
Really, any of our plant-based cashew cheezes would have worked in this recipe. Pick your favorite! I went with our Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread because I’m obsessed with dill and like to use it any chance I get. Just spread about a teaspoon over each crescent roll; you won’t use the entire container. I added extra fresh dill to these Spinach and Pepper Vegan Breakfast Croissants for even more flavor. Pile on some spinach and sliced bell pepper and you’re halfway there.
Staring from the end with the veggies, tightly roll up each crescent roll and space them one inch apart on a baking sheet. Then, pop them in the oven for 15-ish minutes. You’ll know theVegan Breakfast Croissants are done when the tops are golden and flaky. These little guys made my kitchen smell amazing! It’ll be hard not to dig in right away, but let the rolls cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
These Spinach and Pepper Vegan Breakfast Croissants are best eaten right away – not that you’ll have a problem with that 😉 I recommend serving them with a side of fruit, tofu scramble, and orange juice. Just like that, you’ve got an easy, festive holiday meal the whole family will enjoy.
Ps. Let me know on Instagram if you make this recipe and what you thought of it!
Spinach and Pepper Vegan Breakfast Croissants Recipe
- 1 package crescent rolls (read the ingredients to make sure they’re vegan)
- 1 package Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- Small handful of fresh dill
- Preheat your oven according to the crescent roll package directions (I set mine to 350F).
- Unroll the crescent rolls and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Spread a teaspoon or so of Dill Havarti Cheese Spread on each crescent roll.
- Add some spinach, red bell pepper, and fresh dill to the widest edge of each crescent roll.
- Starting from the edge with the veggies, roll up each crescent roll, tucking the ingredients in as you go. Place the crescent rolls about an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the Spinach and Pepper Breakfast Croissants according to the package directions (I baked mine 15 minutes) until golden and flaky.
- Allow the rolls to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy with your favorite breakfast foods!