Have I told you how much I love breakfast? Yes, breakfast food is the bomb. But I also love the ritual of waking up on a Saturday, sipping coffee, and making something special for my family. With a toddler and a baby attached to my hip, I don’t have a ton of time to get something on the table. I can, however, manage to throw a few things in a baking dish and pop it in the oven for an hour. This Sriracha Cheddar & Chive Vegan Breakfast Potatoes Recipe was born on a morning when I wanted something warm and comforting. It totally hit the spot!
The foundation of this vegan breakfast recipe is made up of three ingredients: diced potatoes, bell pepper, and onion. I used both a green and red bell pepper, so I guess that’s technically four ingredients. If you’re a meal prepper, you can chop the veggies the night before for a SUPER easy morning!
Toss the potatoes, peppers, and onions in a baking dish, then, while the veggies roast, get to work making the vegan cheese sauce. Just blend two containers of our vegan-friendly Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread with a bit of non-dairy milk and a pinch of salt. Done!
Pour the vegan cheese sauce over the potatoes and pop the baking dish in the oven for another 10 minutes. Before long, you’ll have a warm, gooey pile of tender peppers and breakfast potatoes. But why stop there? I added even more flavor with a sprinkle of fresh chives. If you don’t have chives, chopped green onion would work, too. Then scoop, serve, and devour. These Sriracha Cheddar & Chive Vegan Breakfast Potatoes will not last long on your kitchen table – I promise! Enjoy with a side of fruit, toast, or tofu scramble. What does your ideal Saturday breakfast look like? Let me know on Instagram!
Sriracha Cheddar & Chive Vegan Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds gold or red potatoes, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- ½ yellow onion, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Big pinch of salt
- Several twists of black pepper
- 2 packages Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (regular, unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh chives, chopped, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 425F degrees.
- Combine the diced potatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a baking dish. Add the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes or so, until the veggies are tender and lightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, non-dairy milk, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In the last 10 minutes of roasting, pour the cheeze sauce over the veggies and stir to coat.
- Remove the Sriracha Cheddar & Chive Breakfast Potatoes from the oven and top with fresh chives. Serve warm.