Can you believe it’s already the end of June?! Summer has technically just begun but it feels like it’s flying by. We’re soaking up these last few days as a family of three by spending weekends at the lake and playing outside as much as possible. Speaking of playing outside, what are your plans for the Fourth of July? It’s one of the biggest parties of the summer around here. I try to make something new every year that’s on-theme and this recipe might be my favorite yet: Vegan Fruit Bruschetta Recipe, which includes Strawberry and Blueberry with Mint.
Life is a Peach – So Why Not Include Them?
The taste of fresh strawberries and blueberries will forever remind me of my childhood. They’re essential summer snacks! Peaches are simply irresistible this time of year, so I had to throw those in as well. It might sound strange to pair our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread with fruit, but trust me on this one. Somehow, the flavors all blend perfectly for an appetizer that’s a little sweet and a little savory. Red, white, and blue has never tasted this good.
Taste and Sight – Because We Eat With Our Eyes Too
I toyed with the idea of using blackberries but decided blueberries would fit on the little pieces of toast better. Now that I think about it, using all three berries for a vegan fruit bruschetta would look and taste amazing. Can you imagine the gorgeous contrast between deeply pigmented blackberries and bright yellow peaches? Toss some fresh mint into the mix and you’ve got a summer appetizer that uses the absolute best of what the season has to offer.
If possible, I recommend using fruit from the farmers’ market. It’s local, fresh, and will offer the absolute best flavor. The next best option is to use organic berries from the grocery store. Of course, if conventional fruit is all that’s available, our Strawberry and Blueberry covered Vegan Fruit Bruschetta will still taste incredible. Can’t find mint or just don’t like it? Try basil! Or, leave off the herbs all together. One thing is for sure – you might want to make a double batch if you’re serving a crowd. These are sure to go quick!
Ps. Let me know on Instagram if you make this recipe and what you thought of it!
Vegan Fruit Bruschetta Recipe
Covered in Strawberry and Blueberry
- 1 French baguette
- 1 cup strawberries, small diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 peach, small diced
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- Small handful of fresh mint
- 1 container Plant Perks Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Slice the baguette into 1-inch pieces and arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet (you might need two). Bake the bread for 5 minutes, just enough to get it toasty. Remove the baguette slices from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, place the diced strawberries and blueberries in two separate bowls. Divide the diced peach between the two bowls and drizzle each with a teaspoon of agave nectar. Stir gently and allow the fruit to sit for 10 minutes. Divide the fresh mint between the two bowls and stir again.
- When cool, transfer the toasted bread to a serving platter. Spread each slice with Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread. Top alternating slices with the strawberry mixture and the blueberry mixture and serve.