Can you believe Christmas is only three-ish weeks away? I don’t typically see my friends and neighbors decorating their homes for Christmas until after Thanksgiving but apparently everyone was eager this year – myself included! It took a lot of restraint to wait until December to post the recipe for my Savory Vegan Christmas Cheese Ball Wreath and I’m SO excited that I can finally share it with you. This wreath is made with blended cashews, our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread, and a handful of seasonings and herbs. It’s going to be the talk of all your holiday parties this season!
Now that I’m confident in my abilities to make a vegan cheese ball, I thought I’d try my hand at a wreath. I’m so happy with how it turned out! It’s super savory, “cheesy,” and covered in fresh herbs. The base of this wreath is made with soaked and blended cashews and two containers of our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread. It offers the perfect amount of creamy texture and bold flavor!
Next, I folded in some chopped olives, green onion, and fresh parsley. I could have eaten this mixture with a spoon it was so delicious. Resist the temptation! The wait is so worth it.
I saw a few different recipes on Pinterest that used a bundt pan to achieve the perfect ring shape, but you totally don’t need one. Just place a drinking glass (or a biscuit cutter) in the middle of a serving platter and form the vegan cheese Christmas wreath around it. An ice cream scoop provides evenly shaped mounds you can smooth into the perfect shape.
After you’re done decorating (my favorite part), just refrigerate, pull the glass away, and you’ve got a beautiful cheeze wreath that is extremely Insta worthy if I do say so myself. If you make this Savory Vegan Cheese Christmas Wreath, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see!
Savory Vegan Christmas Cheese Ball Wreath Recipe
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 containers Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup olives, chopped (black or green), plus more for garnish
- 1 cup green onion, divided
- 1 cup fresh parsley, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced, for garnish
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Combine the soaked cashews, Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread, salt, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Scoop the vegan cheese mixture into a large bowl. Fold in the chopped olives, ½ cup chopped green onion, and ½ cup chopped parsley.
- Place a drinking glass (or a biscuit cutter like I used) in the center of a serving platter. If you have one, use an ice cream scoop to scoop the vegan cheese mixture around the glass. Then use a rubber spatula to smooth out the vegan cheese into a wreath shape.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped green onion and parsley on the wreath and press down lightly so it sticks. Make “berry” clusters with the chopped red pepper and decorate with more olives and fresh rosemary. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the drinking glass from the center of the plate. Serve with crackers, baguette, or sliced veggies.