When I’m grocery shopping or eating out, I don’t usually seek out faux meat products. It’s not that I don’t like them, I’m just drawn to more of a whole foods plant-based diet. That said, I do like to indulge once in a while. This week I came up with a warm and creamy vegan chili cheese dip recipe that includes beefless ground. But the real show stopper? Our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread. I think I’m in love.
This vegan chili cheese dip reminds me of something that would be served at a Mexican restaurant alongside chips and salsa. It’s hearty and surprisingly filling, thanks to all of the plant protein packed into each bite. If you avoid soy in your diet you can absolutely exclude the beefless ground from this recipe. Just keep in mind the end result will be less chunky.
How Spicy Do You Like Your Chili Cheese Dip?
When you’re in a rush to feed a crowd of hungry party goers or football game spectators, this vegan chili cheese dip recipe saves the day. It comes together in less than 15 minutes and is the perfect balance of spicy, savory, and “cheesy.” The spice level is totally customizable based on your preference. Choose mild salsa for less heat or hot salsa for a super spicy dip. You can kick it up another notch by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or a few shakes of hot sauce to the mix.
In addition to serving this vegan chili cheese dip with chips, you could use it as a filling for vegan cheesy bean and rice burritos. Meal prep some rice and store everything in the fridge to throw together an easy lunch or dinner. Genius, right? I think you’re absolutely going to love this recipe. If you make my vegan chili cheese dip, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see!
Vegan Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 ounces frozen beefless ground
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 2 packages Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- ¼ to ½ cup vegetable broth
- Warm the olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add the beefless ground, salsa, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the skillet. Use a spatula to break up any large chunks of beefless ground. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, until the beefless ground is heated through and the ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread into the skillet and stir to combine it with the other ingredients. Add ¼ cup of the vegetable broth and stir, adding more as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve the Vegan Chili Cheese Dip in the skillet or transfer it to a bowl and top with more salsa and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.