Nearly everyone has encountered pimento cheese dip at some point in their lives. Perhaps you’ve had it, even if you didn’t know what it was at the time. Pimento cheese dip is on the snack table at nearly every family party. It’s typically orange-ish with flecks of red and is usually served with crackers. Given its vaguely sweet and spicy flavor, I wanted to try making a vegan pimento cheese dip recipe using our cashew-based Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread. I’m so glad I did, because this vegan cashew cheese dip might be my new favorite thing.
What the heck is a pimento, you ask?
I actually wasn’t 100 percent sure until I started doing some research for this recipe. Pimentos are small sweet peppers that kind of look like mini red bell peppers. They have one of the lowest Scoville scale ratings of any chili pepper, so even those who are spice sensitive can enjoy this delicious party snack. You can find pimentos near the pickles and olives at your grocery store. They typically come sliced or diced. You’ll want to buy the diced version for this recipe.
The rest of the ingredients are fairly basic. Just a bit of vegan mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. If you don’t like vegan mayo, or if you’re soy-free, you can swap it out for some plain non-dairy yogurt. Though, I haven’t tried this. You may need to add a bit more of the spices to make up for the lost flavor.
No matter how you make it, this vegan pimento cheese dip recipe, with our cashew cheeze as a base, is going to be a massive hit at your next party. Serve with your favorite crackers and veggies and watch it disappear! I hope you love this one as much as I do.
Ps. Let me know on Instagram if you make this recipe and what you thought of it!
Vegan Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe
Featuring Vegan Cashew Cheese
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 containers Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo (or plain non-dairy yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 4-ounce jar diced pimentos, thoroughly drained
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- Combine the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, vegan mayo (or non-dairy yogurt), garlic powder, onion powder, and drained diced pimentos in a large bowl. Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with crackers and sliced veggies.