I’m back with a new recipe after spending the 4th of July with friends and family, eating LOTS of food, and dominating at my favorite backyard game – bags. After a sun-soaked weekend of drinking margs by the pool and eating salty barbecue food, I thought you might be in the mood for something hydrating. Not only is this Vegan Wedge Salad light and refreshing, it only takes about 10 minutes to throw together. It makes a fantastic first course and looks super impressive on a plate.
Making the Wedge Vegan-Friendly
Traditionally, wedge salad comes with bleu cheese dressing and sprinkled with bacon. I thought about getting some McCormick Bac’n Pieces for topping (they’re actually vegan!!) but took a hard pass when I checked out the ingredients. Predictably, they’re highly processed and contain some questionable ingredients. But, I’m not saying you shouldn’t give it a go. If you’re not into the Bac’n Pieces scene, I recommend using crispy onions. They offer a similar fatty, salty taste. While they probably aren’t much healthier, I’m satisfied knowing I’m eating real food.
The Easiest Way to Make Vegan Salad Dressing
Disclaimer: the dressing tastes nothing like bleu cheese. This might be a good thing if you’re among the majority of people who dislike the flavor of bleu cheese, or a tragedy if you were looking for a vegan version. The dressing is actually made with nothing more than our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread, a bit of almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk), and a touch of olive oil. Super easy, very delicious. So creamy, thick, and pourable! I’m lovin’ it.
I imagine serving this Vegan Wedge Salad as a first course at an outdoor dinner party. It’s simple, yet so flavorful and satisfying. It’s so pretty everyone will be snapping photos for the ‘gram! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Ps. Let me know on Instagram if you make this recipe and what you thought of it!
Vegan Wedge Salad Recipe
with Vegan Salad Dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 container of Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup crispy onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Slice the head of iceberg lettuce in half from top to bottom, then slice each section in half from top to bottom to create four even wedges. Make sure you slice through the center of the stalk so the leaves stay connected at the bottom.
- To make the dressing, combine the Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread with the almond milk and olive oil in a blender. Blend until smooth and pourable, adding a splash more almond milk if needed. Scoop into a small bowl.
- Place each lettuce wedge on a plate and drizzle with the dressing. Top with tomatoes, crispy onions, and fresh chives.