Can we all agree that one skillet dinners are the best types of dinners? I don’t know about you, but dirty dishes and I don’t get along. Like most people, I want to relax after dinner and a pile of dishes in the sink doesn’t exactly contribute to a soothing environment. This year, I’m resolving to do less dishes and more one skillet cooking! Let’s kick things off with this impossibly creamy and delicious White Bean and Sundried Tomato Baked Vegan Orzo Recipe.
Have you ever cooked with orzo? It looks like rice but it’s actually a super tiny pasta shape. This recipe for White Bean and Sundried Tomato Baked Vegan Orzo was inspired by a recipe from Pinch of Yum that I recently discovered. It’s so simple, yet so flavorful and I have been dying to make a vegan version using our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread.
I don’t know what it is, but our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread pairs so perfectly with Italian flavors, like the sun-dried tomatoes in this recipe. It’s smoky and buttery with a tangy finish. Plus, it adds the BEST creamy texture! First, you’ll sauté some onion and garlic in olive oil. Then add some chopped kale (spinach would work also), white beans, and sun-dried tomatoes. Next up – orzo and vegetable broth. Bring everything to a simmer before popping the skillet in the oven. After baking, stir in a container of Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread and dinner is served.
I topped mine with a few twists of black pepper and some fresh parsley. This is such a good weeknight dinner because it only uses one skillet and comes together in about 30 minutes. Does it get any better?? Let me know if you make it by tagging me on Instagram!
View More Vegan Recipes
White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Vegan Orzo Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of kale, chopped
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 3-oz. bag of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (reduce if using regular vegetable broth)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread
- Few twists of black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Warm the olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the kale, white beans, and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the kale has wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Pour in the orzo and vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then bake for 12 minutes, until the orzo is cooked. Remove the skillet from the oven.
- Stir in the Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread. Just before serving, top with a few twists of black pepper and fresh parsley. Enjoy warm.