Raise your hand if you could use some extra greens on your plate this week! The holiday season can be a crazy time. Between gift shopping, wrapping, cleaning, and hosting (or this year, Zooming!) eating something healthy is often given last priority. On afternoons when you realize you’re starving and only have 10 minutes to cook, eat, and clean up, make this Green Goddess Vegan Grilled Cheese Recipe!
This Green Goddess Vegan Grilled Cheese Recipe is unbelievably delicious and is chock full of nutritious green veggies. Start with your favorite sandwich bread (this is sourdough) and spread a generous spoonful of Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread on each slice.
Next up – vegan pesto! We have a terrific vegan pesto recipe on our blog. If you’re in a time crunch (aren’t we all?!) Trader Joe’s has an incredible vegan pesto that I stand by. Add a big spoonful of vegan pesto to each slice of sandwich bread and spread it around with the cheeze.
Then come the veggies. I used baby spinach, cucumber, and avocado. I wish I had grabbed some alfalfa or broccoli sprouts at the store! They add fun texture and are full of nutrients. I highly recommend adding sprouts if you have them. Fresh herbs would also be a great addition here.
Assemble your sandwich, fire up your cast iron skillet or panini grill, and toast for a few minutes on each side. You can spread vegan butter on the outside of your sandwich, or drizzle olive oil directly in the pan. I find it easier and less messy to do the latter. Slice in half and enjoy your Green Goddess Vegan Grilled Cheese warm. This is SUCH a delicious sandwich to make when you’re craving greens and comfort food all at once. I hope you enjoy it!
Green Goddess Vegan Grilled Cheese Recipe
• Vegan Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Recipe
• Smoked Provolone and Apple Vegan Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 4 slices of sandwich bread (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 package Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread
- ¼ cup The Best Vegan Pesto, or store bought vegan pesto
- A handful of baby spinach
- ½ medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- A few twists of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Arrange four slices of sandwich bread on a cutting board. Spread the surface of each with a generous scoop of Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread.
- Spread a tablespoon of vegan pesto on top of each slice of bread, mixing it in with the cheeze spread.
- Place a handful of spinach on two of the slices of bread, followed by cucumber, avocado, and a few twists of black pepper.
- Place the other slices of bread on top of the veggies, cheeze and pesto sides facing in.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron or non-stick skillet and warm over medium heat.
- When hot, place one of the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until the bread is toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip the sandwich over and cook the other side for another couple of minutes. Repeat with the remaining sandwich.
- Slice the Green Goddess Vegan Grilled Cheese sandwiches in half and enjoy warm.