Have you guys seen the sweet mini peppers that just hit grocery stores? I am obsessed! They’re so adorable and versatile. Maybe your supermarket has sweet mini peppers all year round, but this feels like a real treat in my world. I knew I had to do something fun with these colorful peppers for summer, and our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread seemed like a perfect match. Introducing my Spicy and Sweet Stuffed Mini Peppers! They’re going to be a major hit at all of your backyard BBQs this summer.
I love making stuffed peppers for dinner in winter. They’re so hearty and filling. These little peppers have way more structure and are perfect finger foods, which is critical when you’re balancing a plate with one hand and holding a wine glass in the other. I chose to leave the stems attached because I think they look pretty and they serve as a tiny handle. Win-win! Instead of slicing the peppers in half, just slice off the top third to give yourself more room for stuffing with the savory, spicy cheeze mixture.
Speaking of a savory, spicy cheeze mixture, this one is so delicious I could eat it by the spoonful. Just chop up some green onion and cilantro and mix it up with lime juice and two packages of our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread.
I also chopped up the tops of the peppers and added those to the mix. Carefully stuff each mini pepper and bake for just 5 minutes or so. Tada! A summer appetizer that tastes great and looks fabulous on a plate.
Vegan Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Mini, Spicy & Sweet
Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Bruschetta Recipe
Vegan Chickpea Salad filled Cucumber Boats Recipe
Vegan Cucumber Dill Cocktail Sandwiches Recipe
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Makes about 20 stuffed mini peppers
- 1 pound sweet mini peppers
- 2 packages Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (light and dark green parts)
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped (plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With the sweet mini peppers laying flat on your cutting board, slice off the top third of each and scoop out the seeds. Finely chop the parts of the peppers that you’ve sliced off and set ½ cup aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, green onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Then add the diced pepper.
- Place the prepared peppers on the baking sheet and use a spoon to stuff each one with the cheeze mixture. Pop the tray in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, until the peppers have just softened a little and the filling is heated through.
- Transfer the spicy and sweet stuffed mini peppers to a serving platter and sprinkle with more cilantro. Enjoy warm!