The fresh flavor combination of cucumber and dill makes me extremely happy. It’s like a perfectly balanced relationship: cucumber is cool and mellow and dill is super intense and kind of eccentric. Each food lets the other do its own thing and they complement one another in a seriously delicious way. Okay, I’m done pretending my favorite foods are dating. Here’s my super easy and tasty go-to appetizer when I’m short on time: vegan cucumber dill cocktail sandwiches (also known as tea sandwiches).
A Cocktail Sandwich Doesn’t Mean Alcohol
Don’t worry, there’s nothing alcoholic about these cucumber dill cocktail sandwiches. The name simply implies that they’re perfect for serving at a cocktail party. You know, when all you want is a few tasty bites between sips of prosecco or punch. Another common name for this style of sandwich is a tea sandwich. You guessed it, the name originated from serving small sandwiches at tea parties. They look so pretty on a platter and make an impressive offering when you don’t have an hour to make something complex. If you skip toasting the bread, you can whip out a plate of these little guys in less than 15 minutes!
You only need five ingredients to blow your guests’ minds with these cute little vegan cocktail sandwiches. It all starts with the smallest loaf of bread in the world. I chose rye bread but you can use whatever is available at your local bakery. I like my bread toasted (always) so I stuck the bread slices in the oven for about 10 minutes; just long enough to get them slightly crispy.
Next, I spread a little spoonful of our Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread over each piece of toast. It’s light and clean and has a subtle dill pickle flavor I adore so much! All that’s left to do is top each toast with sliced cucumber, fresh dill, and cracked black pepper. It sounds simple, and it is, but that doesn’t mean this vegan appetizer doesn’t deliver on flavor! Serve these vegan cucumber cocktail sandwiches with dill at your next gathering and watch them fly off your dining room table.
Ps. Let me know on Instagram if you make this recipe and what you thought of it!
View More Vegan Recipes
Vegan Cucumber Cocktail Sandwiches with Dill Recipe
• Chickpea and Wild Rice Vegan Soup Recipe
• Slow Cooker Potato Vegan Soup Recipe
• Roasted Carrot Dill Vegan Soup Recipe
• Vegan Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 package cocktail bread
- 1 package Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread
- 2 seedless cucumbers, sliced
- Small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- If you’re toasting the bread, preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Arrange the bread in a single layer on a sheet pan and toast for 5 minutes. Flip the bread and toast 5 minutes more. Set the bread aside to cool.
- Transfer the toasted bread pieces to a serving platter and spread a teaspoon of Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread on each slice.
- Top each with a couple of slices of cucumber and sprinkle with fresh dill and black pepper.