If you’ve been keeping up with our recipes for a while, you know there’s virtually no limit to how you can add oomph to a recipe with our plant-based cheeze spreads. From quesadillas, to grilled cheese, to baked pasta dishes, I’ve tried them all! This week I decided to make a really quick snack of Vegan Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries and I think you are going to LOVE it. The best part: you can make it homemade or use frozen/canned items depending on how much time you have. Let’s go!
When making recipes at home, I try to make everything from scratch. That said, I love a cooking shortcut as much as the next gal. Getting homemade sweet potato fries to be perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside is an absolute science, and not one that I always have time for. If you’re all about that homemade fry life – go for it! Frozen sweet potato fries are the next best alternative. Bake them in your oven according to the package directions, until crisp and lightly browned. Yum.
Chili is the second component. I find it super easy to throw some veggies, beans, and spices in a pot and let it simmer on the stove. It makes my house smell amazing and I can control exactly what goes in the recipe. Our Smoky Vegan Pumpkin Chili would taste incredible here! If you’re short on time and resources, you can crack open a can of vegan chili and heat it up. I like Amy’s brand organic vegan chili.
All that’s left to do is make the vegan cheese sauce – obviously, the most important part! This vegan cheese sauce features our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread. I wanted this sauce to have a little extra kick to it, so I added a small jalapeño. Make sure you remove the seeds; that’s where all the ultra spicy heat comes from. The pepper itself is perfectly mild. Blend all of the vegan cheese sauce ingredients in your blender until smooth, then heat it briefly on the stove.
That’s it! Pile your sweet potato fries on a plate, spoon some chili on top, and add a hefty drizzle of vegan cheese sauce.
Top with chopped chives or green onion and you have an incredibly delicious snack that you’ll definitely want to grab a fork for.
Vegan Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
View Our Full Vegan Dip Recipes Page
15 Of Our Favorite Vegan Football Snacks Recipes
Baked Parsnip Fries Recipe With Vegan Queso Recipe
Loaded Vegan Cheese Fries Recipe
- 1 20-ounce bag of sweet potato fries, or homemade sweet potato fries
- 1½ cups of vegan chili (like our Smoky Vegan Pumpkin Chili), or 1 14.5-ounce can of vegan chili
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
For the vegan cheese sauce:
- ¼ cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1 package Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- ⅓ cup carrot, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Begin making the vegan chili according to your favorite recipe. If using canned vegan chili you can hold off on heating it until just before you’re ready to serve.
- Make the sweet potato fries according to your favorite recipe or the package directions.
- While the sweet potato fries bake and the chili simmers, make the vegan cheese sauce. Combine the non-dairy milk, jalapeño, Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, carrot, and salt in a blender and blend until totally smooth.
- Pour the vegan cheese sauce into a small saucepan and keep it warm over low heat. If you’re using canned vegan chili, heat that up now.
- When you’re ready to eat, transfer the baked sweet potato fries to a plate. Spoon the warm vegan chili over the fries and drizzle with vegan cheese sauce. Finish off the fries with a sprinkle of chopped green onion and dig in!