It’s a hard job constantly making delicious vegan recipes, but somebody has to do it! This is one of those indulgent “carb party” recipes I can’t have sitting in my kitchen too long or else I’ll eat the entire thing. Nobody wants that! It’s Vegan Jalapeño Mac and Cheese, and it’s here to derail your current dinner plans.
Smoky, spicy, and creamy. Those are the words I like to hear when someone is making dinner for me, so I wanted to offer you the same delicious anticipation. This Vegan Jalapeño Mac and Cheese is unbelievably savory and smooth, your dinner guests won’t believe it’s plant-based.
The vegan cheese sauce is easy to make. I just sautéed some jalapeño, onion, and garlic in olive oil, then stirred in a bit of flour (for thickening – you can leave this out for gluten-free). Then comes the non-dairy milk, a package of our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread, and a few seasonings. Combined, these ingredients produce an absolute flavor bomb of a vegan cheese sauce that I am now obsessed with.
Pour some cooked pasta into the skillet and toss it all together. I topped mine with toasted bread crumbs, because why not? It adds a little crunch. More jalapeño and green onion on top add a fresh element that I absolutely adore. This recipe for Vegan Jalapeño Mac and Cheese is one for the books! Enjoying with a margarita is optional, but highly recommended.
If you make this Vegan Jalapeño Mac and Cheese, post a photo to Instagram and tag me so I can see!
Vegan Jalapeño Mac & Cheese Recipe
Smoked Gouda Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe
Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
Vegan Truffle Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pound of pasta (small shape, gluten-free if desired)
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup plain non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Few twists of black pepper
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced (for garnish)
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over low heat. Add the bread crumbs and toast until golden, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, from 6 to 9 minutes depending on the type of pasta you use. Follow the package directions. When done, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into a large, deep skillet and place over medium heat. Add the jalapeño and onion and saute until soft, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute a minute more.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to coat. Then add the non-dairy milk and Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread. Season with salt, paprika, and black pepper.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the skillet to join the cheeze sauce and stir to coat. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs, sliced jalapeño, and sliced green onion. Enjoy warm!