Who else is craving a big, gooey bowl of vegan mac and cheese? Some might feel like such a heavy dish is better enjoyed on a cold night in front of the fireplace but I would take a forkful of cheesy noodles to the face any day of the year. Especially when it’s made with our Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread– which is cashew based! This Smoked Gouda Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe creates a bowl of deliciousness that doesn’t feel nearly as heavy or filling as the traditional dairy version. Plus, no animals were harmed in the making.
Honestly, it’s easy to make vegan mac and cheese with any of our cashew cheese flavors. I think Sriracha Cheddar would also taste absolutely delicious! The idea of infusing my bowl of pasta with a smokey note steered me towards our Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread. All of those cheesy noodles are topped with a sprinkling of bread crumbs before sliding in the oven to get hot and gooey. The bread crumbs are totally optional, but I like the subtle crunchy action they add to this creamy dish of mac and cheese goodness.
To Bake or Not to Bake
If it’s 90+ degrees outside and you can’t imagine turning on your oven, you can skip baking this Smoked Gouda Vegan Mac and Cheese all together. Just cook your macaroni (gluten free pasta works great!) and whizz the sauce together in your blender. Pour, stir, and serve! It really doesn’t get much easier than that. Oh, and don’t forget a sprinkling of fresh chives– they give this hearty dish a major oomph of fresh flavor. Chopped parsley would work, too. Is there anything else you’d add to our vegan mac and cheese recipe? I thought about adding a touch of truffle oil but decided to let the Smoked Gouda Cheeze shine all on its own. There’s always next time 🙂
If you make this Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe, make sure you tag us on Instagram @plant_perks so we can see your creation!
Smoked Gouda Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe
Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe
Cheesy Weeknight Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe
Creamy Vegan Garlic Noodles Recipe
The Best Vegan Pesto Recipe
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 lb. macaroni pasta (or gluten-free pasta)
- 2 containers Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- ½ cup almond milk (regular, unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (or gluten-free bread crumbs)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Don’t overcook! It should be slightly al dente when done. Drain and rinse the pasta with cool water and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, combine the Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread, almond milk, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the vegan butter in a small skillet over low heat. Add the breadcrumbs and paprika and stir until the dry ingredients absorb the vegan butter.
- Pour the vegan cashew cheese sauce over the noodles and stir to combine.
- Divide the mac and cheese between four small ramekin dishes, two large ramekin dishes, or pour the whole batch into a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until the noodles are warm and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Remove the mac and cheese from the oven and garnish with fresh chives. Serve warm.