You know what’s kind of amazing that I hardly ever think about? Pasta shapes. There are so many different shapes of pasta, from tiny orzo to jumbo shells. Each one has a specific purpose. Hollow pasta like macaroni is best for super saucy dishes; those nooks and crannies trap lots of delicious flavor. One of my favorite pasta dishes is stuffed shells because it’s less about the actual noodle and way more about the tasty filling. Introducing, my Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells!
Let’s get right into the fun stuff – the delicious, creamy, cheezy filling inside these tender pasta shells. Here we have a combination of mashed white beans, Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread, artichoke hearts, baby spinach, garlic, and salt. It doesn’t sound like much, but trust me when I say it’s a dreamy combination of flavors. The Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread offers a hint of savory, smoky flavor and I am obsessed! Simply mash it all up while you boil the jumbo shells.
Speaking of boiling the jumbo shells, you’ll want to keep a close watch on them. Since we’ll be baking the noodles afterwards, you don’t want to overcook them on the stove. Just boil them until al dente, about 9 minutes. Pour some of your favorite marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, stuff the shells full of cheezy filling, and pour some more marinara on top.
Bake until bubbly and warm – that’s it! Of course, add some vegan parmesan if you’d like. If you make my recipe for Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells, make sure you tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!
Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe
Vegan Mushroom Risotto Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
Cheesy Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe
Creamy Vegan Garlic Noodles Recipe
Smoky Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Smoky Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 12 oz jumbo shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- Vegan parmesan (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and put a large pot of water on the stove. Bring the water to a boil and carefully drop the jumbo shells in. Cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain and rinse the pasta and return it to the pot. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent the shells from sticking to one another.
- In a large bowl, combine the white beans and Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread. Use a fork to mash up the mixture. Add the artichoke hearts, chopped baby spinach, garlic, and salt to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour a half cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish or oven-safe skillet. Spoon some of the spinach artichoke mixture into each shell and arrange the shells in a single layer in the dish. Drizzle with the remaining marinara sauce and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly around the edges.
- Top with vegan parmesan (optional) and enjoy!