When I think about different ways to use our cashew cheeze spreads, my mind automatically goes to bread and pasta. We’ve shared so many hearty noodle and pizza recipes over the last year! This is actually pretty funny, because grains aren’t typically part of my day-to-day diet. These Veggie & Dill Cucumber Roll-ups featuring our Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread, however, are right up my alley.
The unstoppable combination of cucumber and dill has done it again! I swear, I could survive off of these two flavors alone, especially during summer when I’m craving fresh, fresh, fresh everything. This appetizer seems simple at first glance – there are only five ingredients after all. While it’s not hard, it is time consuming to slice all of the veggies the proper size and roll them into perfect bite-sized snacks.
A few tips here. First, use a mandoline or a vegetable peeler to get the cucumber ribbons thin and evenly sliced. Second, buy an extra cucumber because it might take a few tries to get the method down! Third, invest in a vegetable peeler that can also julienne vegetables. Slicing the carrot into super thin pieces was a total breeze thanks to this handy tool. I promise, you’ll find more uses for it once you have it in your kitchen.
These Veggie & Dill Cucumber Roll-ups are the perfect poolside snack. They’re light, yet so flavorful and satisfying. Turn on a podcast and zone out as you practice your knife skills. Switch up the recipe using your favorite veggies. The possibilities are endless!
Veggie & Dill Cucumber Roll-ups Recipe
Vegan Chickpea Salad filled Cucumber Boats Recipe
Vegan Cucumber Dill Cocktail Sandwiches Recipe
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Makes about 20
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 package Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into 1-inch long pieces
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced into 1-inch long pieces
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- Use a mandoline or vegetable peeler to thinly slice the cucumbers. When you see seeds, turn the cucumber and peel/slice the opposite side. Zero waste tip: chop up the inner “core” of the cucumber, add it to a pitcher, and fill with filtered water for refreshing cucumber spa water!
- Arrange the cucumber ribbons in a single layer on a clean dish towel or a few paper towels. Lay another towel on top and press down gently to absorb excess moisture.
- Add a half teaspoon of Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread to one end of a cucumber ribbon. Place a few pieces of bell pepper and carrot along with a small sprig of fresh dill on top of the cheeze spread and roll. Add a small dab of cheeze spread at the tail end of the cucumber ribbon to help it stick together. Repeat with the remaining cucumber ribbons and sliced veggies/herbs.
- Arrange the Veggie & Dill Cucumber Roll-ups on a platter and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.