Isn’t it funny how as summer turns to fall, people all of a sudden want their veggies covered in cheese? It reminds me of Thanksgiving dinners as a kid – there was always a roasted vegetable coated in cheese sauce on the table. I took that nostalgia and turned it into a plant-based side dish worthy of a spot on your dinner table any night of the year. Let’s make some Cheesy Vegan Baked Cauliflower!
This recipe is super straightforward and exactly what it sounds like: baked cauliflower covered with creamy, dreamy vegan cheese sauce. You’ll first want to toss your cauliflower with olive oil and spices and roast until the florets are cooked about halfway, just barely tender when pierced with a knife.
While the cauliflower is in the oven, you’ve got a solid 20 minutes to get the vegan cheese sauce just right. To your blender, add a package of Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread, vegan sour cream, non-dairy milk, shredded carrot, garlic powder, and salt. It sounds like a strange combination, but trust me. Blend until the shredded carrot has completely disappeared and the sauce is a beautiful light orange color. Magic!
Pour the vegan cheese sauce over the roasted cauliflower and stir to coat all of the pieces. Pop the dish back in the oven and cook until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce is bubbly. This could take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the cauliflower pieces and your particular oven.
Sprinkle the Cheesy Vegan Baked Cauliflower with chopped green onion and serve warm. This is such a cozy and comforting side dish for fall! If you make it, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation.
Cheesy Vegan Baked Cauliflower Recipe
• Chickpea and Wild Rice Vegan Soup Recipe
• Slow Cooker Potato Vegan Soup Recipe
• Roasted Carrot Dill Vegan Soup Recipe
• Vegan Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Several twists of black pepper
- Chopped green onion, for serving
For the vegan cheese sauce:
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup carrot, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and transfer them to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vegan cheese sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the vegan cheese sauce over the cauliflower and gently toss to coat all of the pieces. Return the cauliflower to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the cauliflower is tender. Top with chopped green onion and serve warm.