Beans and toast are two foods that are great on their own, but do they taste good together? You betcha!! In the UK, it’s super common to eat beans on toast. It’s like a snack you make when you’re not sure what to eat or you’re too lazy to whip up anything fancier. I’m not sure what that equates to in America – maybe peanut butter on toast? Anyway, beans on toast is definitely not a thing on this side of the ocean, at least not to my knowledge. I don’t know what possessed me to make it this week but I am SO glad I did! These are my Cheezy Garlic Pinto Beans Recipe on Toast.
It seems like everyone and their mother has taken up bread baking as a hobby this spring. If you baked your own loaf of sourdough this morning and are looking for a new way to enjoy it, you must make this easy vegan recipe! The beans are made creamy thanks to our Garlic and Herb Cheeze Spread. It adds velvety texture and loads of yummy garlicky flavor to creamy pinto beans, which have quickly become one of my favorite legumes.
First you’ll saute some shallot in olive oil until it’s fragrant. This is one of my favorite food smells. Then you’ll toss the pinto beans in the skillet and season everything with a bit of salt and pepper.
Scoop half of a container of Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread into the skillet, followed by a splash of vegetable broth. Simmer the creamy bean mixture for 4 to 5 minutes, adding a bit more broth if the sauce looks too dry. It should almost be the consistency of gravy. Not soupy, but super creamy and luxurious.
That’s pretty much it! Stir in some fresh chopped parsley and spoon the bean mixture over your toasted bread. Eat it with a fork or pick it up with your hands like I did. There are no rules these days! This recipe for Cheezy Garlic Pinto Beans on Toast makes a great snack or light lunch paired with a salad. Would you try eating beans on toast? It sounds weird, but I encourage you to try it!
Cheezy Garlic Pinto Beans Recipe on Toast
Chickpea and Wild Rice Vegan Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Potato Vegan Soup Recipe
Roasted Carrot Dill Vegan Soup Recipe
Vegan Tomato Soup with Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable broth, divided
- ½ package Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the drained beans to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour ¼ cup of the vegetable broth into the skillet along with the Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread. Stir until the mixture is thick and creamy, adding more vegetable broth if the sauce becomes too dry. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh parsley. Season with salt to taste.
- Slice each piece of toast in half and arrange each pair on a plate. Spoon the pinto beans over the toast and garnish with more fresh parsley. Enjoy warm!