By this time of year I am so ready to pack up my winter clothes and welcome sunshine and warm weather into my life. Spring can be such a tease! Gorgeous one day, snow showers the next. I can’t keep up. So, I’m not going to let the weather dictate when I start adding more fresh veggies into my diet (if that was even possible!) The BEST time to make this recipe is probably towards the end of summer when our gardens are bursting with zucchini and tomatoes, but I say let’s bring on the summer vibes early. You are going to LOVE this recipe for Creamy Vegan Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes.
Have you ever made zucchini noodles? If you have a spiralizer, it’s one of the easiest tasks you’ll ever do in the kitchen. If you don’t have a spiralizer, don’t stop reading! You can definitely still make this recipe. You’ll just use a vegetable peeler to make thin, wide ribbon-like noodles from the zucchini. The end result will taste exactly the same, I promise.
I’ve seen recipes that call for sautéing zucchini noodles for a few minutes to soften them up. I do NOT recommend this! I think it makes them super mushy and disgusting. Instead, I just let my zucchini noodles sit in whatever sauce I’m using for a few minutes. They’ll soften, but just a little bit. This won’t be a warm zucchini noodle dish, but that’s what the roasted tomatoes are for! They bring in such delicious flavor and a nice contrast in temperature and texture.
The sauce couldn’t be easier to make. I just mixed up half a package of our Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread with a splash of water and a little bit of salt and black pepper. The flavor is already so delicious, why mess with a good thing? You want the sauce to be thick and creamy, yet pourable. If you add too much water just scoop another teaspoon of Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread into the bowl and whisk until you get the right consistency.
I hope you enjoy this super fresh, light, and delicious recipe for Creamy Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes! It’s definitely going to be a staple lunch in my house this summer.
Creamy Zucchini Noodles Recipe
with Roasted Tomatoes
Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe
Cheesy Weeknight Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe
Creamy Vegan Garlic Noodles Recipe
Vegan Cacio e Pepe Recipe
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper (plus more for garnish)
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ package Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- Vegan parmesan, for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spill the cherry tomatoes onto the baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through. When done, the cherry tomatoes should be tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile, use a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler to create noodles from the zucchini.
- Combine the Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread with a splash of warm water in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. The sauce should be thick, but pourable.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl and toss with the Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread sauce. Let the zucchini noodles sit and soften a bit while the tomatoes roast.
- When you’re ready to eat, tong the zucchini noodles between two plates. Top with the roasted tomatoes, vegan parmesan (if using), and more black pepper. Enjoy right away.