Garlic and herbs and asparagus, oh my! I’m here this week to deliver a really simple, yet delicious recipe that is perfect for beautifying your spring brunch table. Group hangouts might be cancelled for now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a virtual brunch with your closest pals. Bust open the champagne, pour some orange juice, and whip up these Garlic & Herb Asparagus Crescent Rolls to enjoy with your loved ones via FaceTime.
Did you know that Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are vegan? It’s one of those shockingly vegan foods I always forget about. I don’t usually buy crescent rolls but it’s kinda handy to have some in the fridge for an impromptu brunch hang with friends and family. To make these spring-y brunch bites, I started by spreading a few teaspoons of our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread onto each triangle. Easy, right?
Then I arranged a few asparagus spears at the thick end of the triangles. I used super skinny asparagus, which I prefer to fat asparagus spears. They roast up nicely and have great texture! But, both types will work. Just use what you can find. Roll up the crescent rolls and arrange them on a large baking sheet.
I brushed the tops of the asparagus spears and crescent rolls with olive oil and gave each a good sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Into the oven they go! Mine got golden and perfectly crispy in 15 minutes. The ideal cook time will depend on your particular oven temperature, so keep a close eye on your crescent rolls in the last few minutes of baking. Cool the crescent rolls slightly on the baking sheet, then transfer to a platter and serve. It doesn’t get much easier than that! If you make these, tag me on Instagram so I can see what you whip up.
Garlic & Herb Asparagus Vegan Crescent Rolls
Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Bruschetta
Garlic & Herb Vegan Pull Apart Bread Recipe
Vegan Panini Recipe
Mini Vegan Toasts Recipe
- 1 package crescent rolls (read the label to make sure they’re vegan)
- 1 package Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- 6 oz. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Open the can of crescent rolls and gently roll out the triangles with a rolling pin. Slice the asparagus stalks in half.
- Spread a teaspoon or two of Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread on the wide part of each crescent roll. Pile on five to six asparagus stalks (unless you’re using fat asparagus, in that case just use two) and roll up each crescent roll.
- Brush the tops of each crescent roll with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden. Cool slightly on the pan, then enjoy warm.