If you’ve been following our recipes for a while, you know we love a good pasta salad. They’re chock full of veggies and flavor, and they can easily be made vegan and/or gluten-free depending on your dietary preferences. My garden is just about at its peak so I thought I’d make an Italian-inspired salad full of zucchini, summer squash, and sweet, organic cherry tomatoes. The spaghetti adds a fun, unexpected textural element that kids (okay, and adults) absolutely love! Introducing my Vegan Italian Veggie Spaghetti Salad.
This is one of those recipes you can easily pull together using stuff you already have at home. Maybe you even have a few of the ingredients growing in your yard! Zucchini, summer squash, and cherry tomatoes get chopped up, added to a bowl with olives, and dressed with a simple balsamic dressing. I chose white balsamic purely for aesthetic purposes (I didn’t want this pasta salad turning brown) but if you can find it, regular ‘ol balsamic will work perfectly.
Next, cook your spaghetti. I recommend breaking the spaghetti in half before adding it to your pot of boiling water. Having slightly smaller pieces will make it easier for your BBQ guests to tong this pasta salad onto their plates. You can use regular, whole-wheat, or gluten-free spaghetti in this recipe. Choose your own adventure!
Finally a container of Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread coats the spaghetti noodles and provides loads of creamy texture and dill pickle flavor. Don’t forget to reserve a little bit of the pasta water to thin your sauce. That’s about it! Toss all of the ingredients together and transfer the salad to a serving bowl or large platter for everyone to enjoy. Cheers!
Vegan Italian Veggie Spaghetti Salad Recipe
Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe
Cheesy Weeknight Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe
Creamy Vegan Garlic Noodles Recipe
Vegan Cacio e Pepe Recipe
Serves 4 as a light lunch or 6 as a side dish
- 1 pint of organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 summer squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 3.8-oz. can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1 package Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Small handful of fresh dill, for garnish
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, and black olives in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the veggies and toss to coat. Refrigerate while you cook the spaghetti.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the spaghetti, and return to a boil. Cook until al dente, anywhere from 6 to 10 minutes depending on the type of pasta you use.
- Drain the spaghetti and reserve a cup of the pasta water. Rinse the spaghetti with cold water and return it to the pot.
- Scoop the Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread into the pot of cooked spaghetti. Add a splash of the reserved pasta water and toss until the noodles are evenly coated. Stir in a tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Scoop most of the marinated veggies into the pot of pasta and use tongs to toss everything together. Transfer the Italian Veggie Spaghetti Salad to a serving bowl and top with the remaining veggies. Garnish with fresh dill and refrigerate until ready to eat.