Sometimes, after a long day of studying, working, and/or chasing kids around the house, all you can handle is cooking in and cleaning one pot. I totally feel this way more often than not! For those busy days when you can’t imagine spending an hour cooking and another hour cleaning up, this One Pot Vegan Chili Mac is here for you. Not only is it made from start to finish in a single pot, it’s incredibly hearty, satisfying, and delicious. A perfect weeknight meal for a cold fall or winter day! Let’s make this One Pot Vegan Chili Mac Recipe.
Pull out your favorite stockpot or dutch oven and set it on your stovetop. It’ll be the workhorse of this one-pot vegan dinner. To start, you’ll sauté some onion and garlic. Then, add crumbled tempeh and season it with the typical chili spices.
Next, pour in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, green chiles, tomato paste, and veggie broth. I like to let my chili simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
There’s no need to cook the macaroni in a separate saucepan. Add it right to the simmering pot of chili, stir, and cover. Simmer until the macaroni is al dente. Depending on the type of pasta you use, this could take anywhere between 7 and 12 minutes. Test a noodle every minute or so until they’re just cooked (not squishy). The pasta will continue to soften a little even after the chili is removed from heat.
Finally, stir in a package of Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread. This final step transforms a pot of chili with noodles into a creamy, flavorful, hearty meal. It’s the perfect creamy consistency and unbelievably delicious!
Ladle the One Pot Vegan Chili Mac into bowls and top with hot sauce and chopped green onion, if you’d like. Cheers!!
One Pot Vegan Chili Mac Recipe
• Chickpea and Wild Rice Vegan Soup Recipe
• Slow Cooker Potato Vegan Soup Recipe
• Roasted Carrot Dill Vegan Soup Recipe
• Vegan Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 8-ounce package of tempeh, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15.5-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4-ounce can of green chiles
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, dry (about 1½ cups)
- 1 package Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- Chopped green onion, for topping
- Hot sauce, for topping
- Warm the olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add the tempeh to the pot and season with cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Sauté the tempeh for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, green chiles, tomato paste, and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot, and adjust the heat to maintain a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour the macaroni into the pot and stir. Re-cover the pot and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the macaroni is cooked al dente (it’ll continue to soften a little once you turn off the heat).
- Remove the vegan chili mac from heat and stir in the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread. Adjust seasonings to taste (I added a few more shakes of chili powder).
- Scoop the One Pot Vegan Chili Mac into bowls and top with hot sauce and chopped green onion.