Let’s talk about chores for a sec, shall we? Doing the dishes ranks as one of my least favorite household to-dos. Especially on weeknights when I’m busy and tired and would love to wave my hand and make my kitchen mess disappear. I know I can’t be the only one! If you’re like me, you’re looking for a dinner recipe that uses minimal dishes and is done in 20 minutes or less. This One-Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Vegan Spaghetti Recipe is going to be a lifesaver this summer!
Tomato and basil is a classically delicious summertime flavor combination. It ranks right up there with my love for cucumber and dill, which I’ve discussed at length in many of my recipes! I married tomato and basil in this one-pot vegan pasta recipe and added a package of our Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread to make it smoky, creamy, and irresistible.
If you have one, I recommend using a large, deep skillet for this recipe instead of an actual pot. It will allow you to have greater control over submerging the pasta in the liquid. After sautéing some garlic, everything goes in the pot to boil for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is a dente. Throw the fresh basil in at the very end so it wilts but doesn’t cook.
As a final step, stir in the Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread and use tongs to stir and coat the vegan spaghetti. You will not believe how creamy and decadent this vegan spaghetti dish turns out! As the recipe is written, there’s no need to drain or rinse the pasta. Everything cooks right in the skillet so you can transfer it to the table and serve. I’m not kidding, this dinner comes together in about 15 minutes. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Vegan Spaghetti Recipe
One-Pot Creamy Tomato Basil
Spinach & Artichoke Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe
Cheesy Weeknight Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe
Creamy Vegan Garlic Noodles Recipe
Vegan Cacio e Pepe Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 15-oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced (plus more for topping)
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep sided skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the spaghetti, fire roasted diced tomatoes, and water. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Turn up the heat to bring the contents of the skillet to a boil. Use tongs to move the spaghetti around until it’s soft enough to bend and become submerged in the liquid. Continue to boil, tonging the spaghetti frequently, until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil and Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread. Adjust salt to taste.
- Top the One-Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Spaghetti with more fresh basil and a few cracks of black pepper. Enjoy immediately.
Note: the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools so you may need to add a splash more water to keep it creamy for serving.