In this week’s edition of the pasta lovers club (that’s gotta be a real thing, right?), we’re making a creamy, dreamy pasta sauce with one of my favorite fall produce staples. Butternut squash! It’s got a funky shape and delicious taste. Plus, would you look at that gorgeous color? This recipe for Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta features our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread and is chock full of nutrients and flavor.
I love roasting my veggies. Roasting squash brings out such a lovely, caramelized flavor. Butternut squash doesn’t take long to become tender, just 25-ish minutes at 400F degrees.
Throw the roasted squash in your blender along with some vegetable broth, cayenne pepper, salt, and a package of our Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread. It adds so much creamy texture and a subtly smoky flavor. I can’t get enough!
Meanwhile, boil your favorite pasta. I used orecchiette because I love the texture. Plus, the crevices trap more saucy flavor in every bite. Return the cooked pasta to the pot or saucepan and pour the butternut squash sauce over top.
Finally, mix in some shredded kale to infuse your pasta with extra nutrients, flavor, and texture. You could also use baby spinach if kale isn’t your thing! Top it all off with some freshly cracked black pepper for the ultimate fall vegan pasta recipe. I hope you love this one as much as I did!
Roasted Butternut Squash Vegan Pasta Recipe
• Chickpea and Wild Rice Vegan Soup Recipe
• Slow Cooker Potato Vegan Soup Recipe
• Roasted Carrot Dill Vegan Soup Recipe
• Vegan Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Few twists of black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 pound of orecchiette pasta
- 1½ cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 package Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Peel the butternut squash and slice it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes and transfer them to the baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Roast the butternut squash for 25 to 30 minutes, until very tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, rinse, and return the pasta to the pot.
- Transfer the butternut squash to your blender and add the low sodium vegetable broth, Smoked Provolone Cheeze Spread, cayenne pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the butternut squash sauce over the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Stir in the kale and top with more black pepper, to taste.