I love winter in Montana, but I always look forward to summer for the loads of goodies I get to tote home from the farmers’ market. As a business owner, I love supporting local farmers and other entrepreneurs supplying healthy, plant-based food to the Missoula community. It’s become somewhat of a tradition this summer to throw a farmers’ market board together with all of the delicious fruits and veggies I score each weekend. I’m going to show you how it’s done!
I know you’ve seen loads of beautiful boards on Instagram full of fresh produce, crackers, and dips. They look so intimidating, don’t they? Let me assure you, there’s nothing to be afraid of. If you’ve got a bag full of gorgeous local produce from the farmers’ market, the work is halfway done! I like to start building my boards by first selecting a Plant Perks flavor that will complement the flavors of the other foods. I picked up a cucumber, so you better believe I chose our Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread.
Anchor the board with similar sized items. I scored two peaches and a bushel of raspberries, so I set those equidistant apart, knowing I’ll fill in the rest of the space with smaller fruits and veggies.
Cucumber slices are great for dipping, but crackers are a must. I used some pita crackers, but you could easily pick up a box of gluten-free crackers and make this summer farmers’ market board gluten-free. Cherry tomatoes, strawberries, radishes, and blueberries fill in the gaps, while fresh basil adds a pop of greenery and a delicious aroma.
There you have it! A farmers’ market board perfect for afternoon snacking or a casual dinner on the patio.
Summer Farmers’ Market Vegan Cheeze Board Recipe
Spring Vegan Cheese Board Recipe
Holiday Vegan Cheese Board Setup
Eco-Friendly Vegan Snack Board Recipe
Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board
Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package Plant Perks Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe yellow peaches
- 6 ounces of raspberries
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 small handfuls of pita crackers
- 1 bunch of radishes, trimmed
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 6 ounces of blueberries
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- Place the package of Dill Havarti Cheeze Spread on the board and surround it with two layers of overlapping cucumber slices.
- Place a peach on either end of the board for easy grabbing.
- Pour the raspberries into a small bowl and place it between the peaches. Divide the cherry tomatoes into two bunches and place one by the cucumber slices and one by the raspberries.
- Arrange a small handful of pita crackers or gluten-free crackers next to each peach.
- Divide the radishes into two clusters and place them near each pile of crackers.
- Place the strawberries in any large gaps, layering on top of the crackers if needed. It doesn’t have to look perfect! Place extra strawberries in a bowl off to the side so you can refresh the board as needed.
- Pour the blueberries onto the board to fill in smaller gaps. Garnish the Summer Farmers’ Market Board with fresh basil and serve.