If someone had told me in January that I’d spend Cinco de Mayo holed up in my house hiding from a deadly virus I would have thought they were crazy! Yet, here we are. Just because we’re all supposed to stay at home doesn’t mean we can’t get in the celebratory spirit. In fact, this is a perfect time to whip up a batch of our cashew nacho cheese (featuring our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread) and make a Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board!
I’ve challenged myself to make a vegan snack board/vegan cheese board every month. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, especially because our cashew nacho cheese is so darn good! I originally made it for my Ultimate Vegan Nachos recipe and have been kind of hooked on it ever since. All you have to do is scoop two containers of Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread into your blender and blend with half a jalapeño, some non-dairy milk, and a pinch of salt. I added some diced carrot to add natural orange color. Either way, it’s totally up to you.
I LOVE avocados so of course I had to include some avocado salsa. You could also make guacamole! I picked up some fresh pico de gallo and tortilla chips from my local market and made some Mexican corn on the cob using my favorite vegan mayo, Vegenaise. You can either grill your corn or just boil it for 5 minutes until it’s nice and tender.
Have you ever tried Tajin? Pronounced tah-heen, this savory seasoning tastes amazing on fruit – especially pineapple and mango. It’s pretty much just a mix of chile powder, salt, and dehydrated lime. Mangos were on sale so I picked up a nice one. Fun tip: you can also use Tajin on the rim of your margarita glass instead of sugar or salt. YUM.
What else would you add to a Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board? Let me know on Instagram!
View More Vegan Recipes
Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board
Spring Vegan Cheese Board Recipe
Holiday Vegan Cheese Board Setup
Eco-Friendly Vegan Snack Board Recipe
Vegan Cheese Ball Wreath Setup
Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 jar of salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 batch of guacamole
- 1 can of refried beans, warmed
- 1 batch of cashew nacho cheese (featuring Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread)
- 2 ears of corn, husked and cut in half
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo (I used Vegenaise)
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1 mango or pineapple, sliced and scored
- Few shakes of Tajin
- 1 lime, sliced into quarters
- Flour or corn tortillas, for making tacos (optional, and fun!)
- Topo Chico or margaritas, for sipping
- Scoop the salsa or pico de gallo, guacamole, and refried beans into individual bowls.
- Make the cashew nacho cheese from our Ultimate Vegan Nachos recipe. Warm the cashew nacho cheese in a skillet over low heat or scoop into a bowl and serve at room temperature.
- Boil or grill the corn. Top with vegan mayo and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Arrange the bowls of salsa or pico de gallo, guacamole, refried beans, and cashew nacho cheese on a serving board. Scatter the tortilla chips around the bowls.
- Add the scored mango halves to the board and sprinkle with Tajin for extra flavor. Place the corn on the board and surround with lime wedges.
- If you’d like to make tacos, serve with warm flour or corn tortillas. Enjoy with a Topo Chico or margarita!