Have I mentioned that I went to a vegan culinary school in Thailand? It was before Milo was born (which feels like a lifetime ago!) and I spent a month learning how to make delicious plant-based cheeses and Asian-inspired dishes. I found myself constantly inspired by the fresh, flavorful ingredients that were always well stocked in the kitchen. I was craving lettuce wraps this week and thought I’d see how our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread could be transformed into a savory, spicy drizzle. The results were better than I imagined! Introducing my Vegan Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Peanut Sauce Recipe.
Maybe you think I’m crazy for mixing up a package of our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread with peanut butter. I honestly wasn’t sure how it would go at first – I knew it would either be awful or amazing. I’m so glad it turned out to be the latter! I added a squeeze of fresh lime juice to brighten the flavor and I am now obsessed with this combo. You’ll want to whisk in a splash of water to thin the mixture into a drizzle-able sauce.
The rest of this recipe is really straightforward. I used a vegetable peeler with little teeth on it to make the thin carrot strips and sliced up the cucumber and red bell pepper with a sharp knife. If you want to add a bit more substance to your vegan lettuce wraps, boil some rice noodles and add a small handful to each. Rice noodles are so light and airy; they don’t weigh down this refreshing dish whatsoever.
I intended to use butter lettuce for these vegan lettuce wraps but I’ve been trying to limit my trips to the grocery store as much as possible. It didn’t seem safe or responsible to make an extra stop, so I used a head of iceberg lettuce instead. The leaves definitely aren’t as pretty, but they work just the same! Maybe I’ll get around to re-shooting this recipe with butter lettuce when we aren’t ordered to stay at home. Is there anything you’ve been struggling to find at the grocery store? Let me know and I’ll be happy to offer substitutions when possible!
View More Vegan Recipes
Vegan Lettuce Wraps
with Sriracha Peanut Sauce Recipe
Easy Vegan Caesar Salad Recipe
Vegan Chickpea Salad Filled Cucumber Boats Recipe
Vegan Wedge Salad Recipe With Vegan Salad Dressing
Roasted Delicata Squash And Pomegranate Vegan Salad Recipe
- 3 ounces rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 12 lettuce leaves (iceberg, romaine, or butter lettuce)
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
For the Sriracha Peanut Sauce
- ½ package Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 1½ tablespoons creamy salted peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
- Water, to thin
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then remove from heat. Drop the rice noodles in the water and soak until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and return the noodles to the pot. Drizzle with a bit of sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Prep your veggies. Slice the bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, green onion, cilantro, and cabbage.
- To make the sauce, combine the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread, peanut butter, and lime juice in a small bowl. Whisk in a little bit of water to thin the mixture until drizzly and smooth.
- To assemble, divide the cooked rice noodles between the lettuce leaves. Pile on the veggies and drizzle with the Sriracha Peanut Sauce (serve extra for dipping!) Top off the lettuce wraps with crushed peanuts and enjoy immediately.