It’s not a secret that beer and cheese are a dynamic flavor combination. Search Pinterest for “Beer Cheese Dip” and you’ll get thousands of mouthwatering photos and recipes. Last year I made Jalapeño Vegan Beer Cheese Dip using our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread and it was a major hit. This fall, I thought I’d switch things up and make a smooth, smoky version perfect for dipping with pretzels, bread, or veggies. Let’s make some Smoky Vegan Beer Cheese Dip!
To make this Smoky Vegan Beer Cheese Dip Recipe, you’ll need two containers of our Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread. The rest of the ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or pantry.Scoop, pour, and sprinkle all of the ingredients (except the beer) into your blender and blend until super smooth. This took my high powered blender about 10 seconds, but if you have a standard blender it may take up to 30 seconds.
Pour the cheeze mixture into a saucepan and place it over a low flame. Soon you’ll see tiny bubbles form around the edges – that’s when it’s time to add some beer. I recommend using a lager or a pilsner. Gluten-free beer would totally work, too! Whisk half of beer into the cheeze mixture, simmer and let it thicken, then add the rest of the beer.
That’s it! The Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread gives this Smoky Vegan Beer Cheese Dip such a velvety texture and subtly smoky flavor. It would make a perfect fall party appetizer or movie snack. I found some great gluten-free pretzels for dipping, but veggies would be great, too!
What would you dunk in this savory dip? If you make it, show me your version on Instagram!
Smoky Vegan Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
Smoky Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Dip Recipe
Vegan Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
Vegan Elote Corn Dip Recipe
- 2 packages Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- ½ cup oat milk (or your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup beer (I used a pilsner)
- Pretzels, sliced baguette, and veggies for dipping
- Scoop the Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread into your blender. Pour in the oat milk and add the smoked paprika and salt. Blend until creamy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the cheeze mixture into a small skillet or saucepan and place over low heat. Add half of the beer and whisk to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining beer to the skillet and simmer for 3 minutes more, until thick and creamy.
- Scoop the Smoky Vegan Beer Cheese Dip into a bowl and serve warm with pretzels, sliced baguette, and/or sliced veggies.