You know that feeling when you slice open an avocado and it’s utterly perfect? I can’t think of another food that gives me the same buzz! It can be super tricky to time an avocado to peak perfection, but luckily you don’t have to do that in this recipe for Spicy Avocado Vegan Quesadillas. Why? It’s actually a good thing if your avocado is a little on the ripe and mushy side! Round up your squishiest avocado and let’s make some flamin’ hot vegan quesadillas.
To be clear, I don’t want you to use a spoiled or rotten avocado for this vegan quesadilla recipe. I’m just saying it doesn’t need to be flawless! It’s going to be smashed between two tortillas and mushed together with a big spoonful of Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread and you won’t know the difference once it’s all put together.
If you’re not into spicy foods, you can still make these Spicy Vegan Avocado Quesadillas. Just reduce the jalapeño, used pickled jalapeño (I think it’s less spicy), or leave it off all together. The flavor in the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread lends just a hint of heat, perfect for those with sensitive palates.
While the jalapeño is totally negotiable, two things that aren’t are a squeeze of fresh lime juice and some salsa verde for dipping. They offer so much tangy, zesty flavor. I can’t get enough! These Spicy Avocado Vegan Quesadillas make a quick and easy weekday lunch or easy breezy dinner. Let me know if you make them by tagging @plant_perks on Instagram!
View More Vegan Recipes
Spicy Avocado Vegan Quesadillas Recipe
• Buffalo Jackfruit Vegan Quesadillas Recipe
• Ultimate Vegan Nachos Recipe
• Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
• Creamy Vegan Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
• Spicy Black Bean Vegan Taquitos Recipe
- 1 package Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- A few sprigs of cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Salsa verde, for serving
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread on all four tortillas. Layer the avocado slices on two of the tortillas.
- If using, arrange a few jalapeño slices on the two tortillas with the avocado along with a few sprigs of cilantro. Place the remaining tortillas cheeze side down on top of the filling.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a teaspoon of avocado oil.
- Carefully transfer one of the quesadillas to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until the tortillas are lightly toasted and the filling is warm. Repeat with the remaining quesadilla.
- Transfer the spicy vegan avocado quesadillas to a cutting board and slice into fours. Squeeze with lime juice and serve with salsa verde for drizzling or dipping.