There are so many ways to enjoy our plant-based cheeze spreads (we have loads of vegan recipes on our website!) but my favorite is simply eating it with crackers, pretzels, and veggies. That’s why I love bringing you a snack board each month! For November, I thought I’d show you how to pair Plant Perks with some seasonal fruits, veggies, and other snackable fall items. Let’s build an Autumn Vegan Cheese Board!
This month, I made some roasted veggies to go on my vegan cheese board. While crackers, olives, and fruit are always expected, warm and savory Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts add a fun textural element your guests won’t see coming. While Brussels sprouts roast, you can prepare the rest of the board elements.
Pomegranate arils (the juicy rubies inside a pomegranate) are one of my favorite autumn vegan cheese board elements. They’re so fun to snack on! To minimize the mess pomegranates can create, fill a bowl with water and work the arils out of the pomegranate with the whole thing submerged. Simply drain the water when you’re done!
I chose to include a package of our Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread and our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread on this autumn vegan cheese board. Two flavor options allow your guests the opportunity to mix and match how they enjoy the accompanying crackers and pretzels.
If you have access to a Trader Joe’s, I highly recommend the Sweet & Spicy Pecans. They are incredibly delicious! If you don’t, you can simply swap in some candied pecans or salted and roasted pecans.
For guests who aren’t into sharing or dipping, I like to include a few whole pieces of fruit they can grab and enjoy. Persimmons and pear make lovely seasonal choices.
Multigrain pita crackers (or gluten-free rice crackers), pretzel rods, olives, and blackberries offer a variety of flavors and textures to keep this autumn cheese board interesting. Add the Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts to the board just before serving so they’re nice and warm when your guests dig in. I hope you enjoy this one!
Autumn Vegan Cheese Board Recipe
• Spring Vegan Cheeze Board Recipe
• Holiday Vegan Cheeze Board Setup
• Eco-Friendly Vegan Snack Board Recipe
• Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board
• Farmers Market Vegan Cheeze Board
• Weekend Vegan Brunch Board
- 1 batch of Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts (recipe follows)
- ½ pomegranate
- 1 package Plant Perks Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread
- 1 package Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 1 5-ounce bag of sweet & spicy pecans
- 2 persimmons
- 1 pear
- 1 6-ounce box of multigrain pita crackers
- 4 ounces pretzel rods (about 12 pieces)
- 1 jar of giant chalkidiki olives
- 1 6-ounce container of blackberries
For the Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- A few twists of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the sliced Brussels sprouts to the baking sheet and toss with maple syrup, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Roast the Brussels sprouts for 20 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts are in the oven, prepare the remainder of the board components. Cut the pomegranate in half and submerge one half in a bowl of water. Use your fingers to loosen the arils from the white flesh. Drain the water and transfer the pomegranate arils to a smaller bowl.
- Scoop the Smoked Gouda Cheeze Spread and Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread into bowls of similar size and set them on the board.
- Transfer the sweet & spicy pecans to a small bowl and set it on the board along with the bowl of pomegranate arils, the persimmons, and the pear.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Carefully transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts to the skillet and sauté until deeply caramelized, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Scoop the Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts into a small bowl and set it on your serving board.
- Arrange the multigrain pita crackers around the two bowls of cheeze spread, and place the pretzel rods along one of the long sides of the board.
- Stack the chalkidiki olives in the lower right corner of the board and fill in any gaps with fresh blackberries. Serve right away.