Let’s talk about squash. Personally, I love it. But I know a lot of people who turn up their noses at butternut, acorn, and even pumpkin. (I have a ton of recipes that utilize these!) If you’re among those who take a hard pass on squash, I’m willing to bet you haven’t tried delicata squash. It’s sweeter than most other types of squash and so incredibly delicious. Major bonus: you don’t have to peel it! Yes, the peel is totally edible, making dinner prep a whole lot easier. For an intro to delicata squash try my recipe for Roasted Delicata Squash and Pomegranate Salad.
Honestly, delicata squash is one of the easiest veggies (is it technically a fruit?) to prepare. Just slice it into 1-inch pieces, scoop out the seeds and toss with olive oil and your favorite spices. It only takes about 25 minutes to get caramelized and tender.
I wanted to whip up an easy garlic and herb dressing to drizzle over the roasted delicata squash, so of course I turned to our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread. Just scoop it into a bowl and thin it with a bit of water, add a squeeze of lemon and some Italian seasonings. Bam! You’ve got a drizzly, creamy salad dressing that is totally dairy-free and completely delicious.
I served the roasted delicata squash over a bed of greens and sprinkled some pomegranate seeds on top. Finish it all off with some fresh parsley and you have an impressive family-style salad perfect for sharing with friends. Cheers!
Ps. Let me know on Instagram if you make this recipe and what you thought of it!
Roasted Delicata Squash and Pomegranate Salad
Chickpea and Wild Rice Vegan Soup Recipe
Smoky Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 2 delicata squash (no need to peel!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 4 cups of leafy greens, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh parsley, chopped
For the drizzle:
- 1 package Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- Water, to thin
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Slice the delicata squash into 1-inch pieces and use a spoon to scrape the seeds away from each piece. Arrange the squash pieces in a single layer on a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Roast the delicata squash for 25 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through, until tender and caramelized on both sides.
- Meanwhile, whip up your garlic & herb drizzle. Scoop the Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread into a bowl and add enough water to make it stirrable – I used about a tablespoon. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and the Italian seasonings and stir to combine. Adjust the flavors to taste.
- To serve, place the chopped leafy greens on a large serving platter. Top with the roasted squash, pomegranate seeds, and fresh parsley. Drizzle with the Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread dressing and serve immediately.