I love the festivities surrounding Oktoberfest because it’s the first holiday of the fall season. Oktoberfest starts in mid to late September and the last day always falls on the first Sunday of October. While the big event in Munich is canceled this year, mini Oktoberfest celebrations are still sure to happen around the world. German food is known for being quite heavy, so I decided to make a Vegan Oktoberfest Snack Board that my plant-based self and friends could enjoy. Let’s put it together!
I always start building a board by putting anything in a bowl or container on the board first. Our Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread is a perfect match for the carrots and soft and crunchy pretzels on this board! I had to include some authentic German mustard, too. Sauerkraut and pickles provide puckery flavor and fun texture.
Layer some soft pretzels on the board next. Be sure to check the label to see if they’re vegan before you buy! You can order vegan soft pretzels online, or check your local bakery.
Apple and carrots lend fresh flavor and crunchy texture to this Vegan Oktoberfest Snack Board. I love pink lady apples but feel free to choose your favorite. Those gorgeous petite carrots add a delightful pop of color, as well. Your farmers’ market might have a good selection!
Finally, add some crunchy pretzels and green grapes to the board. The snack-ability factor is high!
Enjoy with a couple of Oktoberfest beers or gluten-free ciders for the ultimate Oktoberfest experience. Prost!
Vegan Oktoberfest Snack Board Recipe
Spring Vegan Cheeze Board Recipe
Holiday Vegan Cheeze Board Setup
Eco-Friendly Vegan Snack Board Recipe
Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board
Farmers Market Vegan Cheeze Board
Weekend Vegan Brunch Board
- 1 package Plant Perks Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- ½ cup German mustard
- 8 ounces mini gherkins
- 4 vegan soft pretzels
- 1 apple, sliced
- 8 ounces petite carrots
- 1½ cups pretzels
- 2 cups green grapes
- Place the Sriracha Cheddar Cheeze Spread on your serving board. Scoop the sauerkraut, German mustard, and mini gherkins into bowls of similar size and set them in various places on the board.
- Warm up the soft pretzels and layer them on the board near the mustard.
- Divide the apple slices into four clusters and set them across the board. Fan the petite carrots in from the top edge near the cheeze spread.
- Fill the bottom left corner of the board with pretzels and fill in any gaps on the board with green grapes.