Christmas has never looked so delicious!! Seriously, this Garlic & Herb Vegan Christmas Tree Bread is next level amazing. Made with pizza dough, fresh garlic and herbs, vegan butter, and our Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread, you won’t be able to stop eating this addictive holiday appetizer. Serve it with a side of warm marinara for dipping and you have a festive snack everyone in the family will love. It’s easy to make, too. Let’s do it!
The trickiest part about making this Garlic & Herb Vegan Christmas Tree Bread is dividing the pizza dough into evenly sized pieces. If you have a food scale, dust it off and put it to use. If not, just eyeball it. You’ll need to create 15 dough pieces of similar size. Spread a small spoonful of Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread in the center of each and wrap the dough around itself so the cheeze is carefully tucked inside.
The rest is smooth sailing. Melt some vegan butter in a small bowl and add a few freshly grated garlic cloves. Brush the vegan garlic butter over the top and sides of the Christmas tree bread, making sure it drizzles in each nook and cranny.
Bake your tree for around 12 to 13 minutes, depending on the pizza dough you use and your particular oven. I used the plain pizza dough from Trader Joe’s – it’s my favorite! You’ll know the Christmas tree bread is done baking when the top is just starting to turn golden in color. Chop up the fresh herbs, mix it with the rest of the melted vegan butter, and brush it all over the tree. Done!
Serve this Garlic & Herb Vegan Christmas Tree Bread with warm marinara for dipping and watch this holiday appetizer disappear in minutes. You’d better snap a photo for Instagram before it’s gone!
Garlic & Herb Vegan Christmas Tree Bread Recipe
• Vegan Holiday Cheeze Board Recipe
• Autumn Vegan Cheese Board Recipe
• Eco-Friendly Vegan Snack Board Recipe
• Cinco de Mayo Vegan Snack Board Recipe
• Farmers Market Vegan Cheeze Board
• Weekend Vegan Brunch Board Recipe
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound of vegan pizza dough
- 1 package Plant Perks Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter, divided
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat your oven to 450F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- On a floured work surface, gently knead the pizza dough until it’s soft and pliable. Tear off small chunks and roll them into balls of equal size, 15 in total. Arrange the dough balls in a tree shape on the prepared baking sheet.
- Holding one of the dough balls in one hand, use the other to add a teaspoon of Garlic & Herb Cheeze Spread to the center. Fold the dough around the cheeze and replace the dough ball on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Place the grated garlic in a small bowl and pour in half of the melted vegan butter. Brush the garlic butter over the Christmas tree bread until fully coated. Sprinkle the tree with a pinch of sea salt.
- Place the Christmas tree bread in the oven and bake for 13 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size and is just barely beginning to turn golden on top.
- Add the chopped herbs to the remaining melted vegan butter. Brush the top and sides of the Christmas tree bread with the herb mixture.
- Serve the Garlic & Herb Christmas Tree Bread with warm marinara sauce, for dipping.